To extend the router’s WIFI signal range you will need to purchase the Linksys RE6700 extender. The setup and login process of this device is so simple and straightforward. To enjoy the feature and function of this page, you will require to study this entire page without jumping any step. Now, let’s directly go into the process.
The LEDs which are located at the front of the Linksys extender device offer you information about the power, signal strength, and updating.
Blinking Green LED: The blinking green LED defines that, your unit is booting up, resetting the device to factory defaults, and the upgrading software process is in progress.
Stable Green LED: If your Linksys extender shows the stable green LED then it means your device is now ready to use.
Stable Amber LED: Linksys extender has the weak internet connection
Blinking Amber LED: Linksys RE6700 extender device not linked with the router,
Unit Side & Bottom View
Power Button: You can use this button to turn on and off your Linksys extender device.
WPS Button: By pushing the WPS button, the extender, and router connect in less time.
Reset Button: By pushing this button you can fix any extender issue.
Audio Jack: There is an audio jack on the bottom of the Linksys RE6700 extender. You can use it to connect any of your audio devices & accessories like wired earphones.
Ethernet Port: You can attach your wired device to the wireless network with the help of an ethernet wire. When the ethernet gadget is connected the Linksys extender shows a solid green LED.
Login To The Linksys RE6700 Extender
- First, place the Linksys RE6700 extender device power plug in a power socket.
- After that, to see the power LED on your device wait for a few minutes.
- Now, take the computer or laptop and link it with the Linksys RE6700 extender network.
- Next, open the navigation on your Wi-Fi-containing unit and enter the default web portal extender.linksys.com in the URL bar.
- In the end, fill in the Linksys extender login details and hit on the login button to finish the Linksys extender login process.
Linksys RE6700 Extender Configuration Ways
There are two configuration ways for the Linksys RE6700 extender,
Way 1: Through Pushing Extender And Router Unit WPS Button
- Place the power plug of the Linksys extender near the router and in the power socket.
- Now, push the WPS button of your Linksys RE6700 unit and within 20 seconds push the existing router WPS button.
- By doing this, the solid WPS LED starts blinking solid green on both the extender and router devices.
- As it means, they both are successfully connected.
- After successfully connecting, locate your extender device in the location where you want high internet speed.
Way 2: Linksys RE6700 Configuration Via Web-Based Setup Portal
To do this method process, there is an essential need for a computer or laptop.
- First, connect the computer to the Linksys RE6700 extender.
- Now, open the browser on a connected gadget.
- Next, type default or official web portal in the address bar.
- After that, the setup page will open up on your display.
- Following this hit on start setup by accepting all terms and conditions.
- Later, pick the wireless range extender option.
- In the end, pick up that WiFi network that you want to extend and insert the password.
By doing the above two Linksys RE6700 setup processes, if you face an issue then consider the below tips.
Troubleshoot Linksys RE6700 Extender Issues
There are so many ways to fix the Linksys RE6700 extender issue. Consider the lower tips to fix the extender issue.
Identify Linksys RE6700 Extender Placement
Make sure that the placement of the Linksys extender device is perfect. The central location of the office and house is best to enjoy fast internet speed. The distance between the extender and router device is enough, not more than that. Also, ensure that the extender and router don’t locate near electronic or metal appliances. Metal appliances absorb all the WiFi signals which come from the extender and router device.
Improve Linksys RE6700 Extender Performance
To improve performance, upgrade extender software, and consider lower steps to update software.
- First, on your computer open the browser.
- Make sure, the computer must be linked with the Linksys extender network.
- After that, enter the extender.linksys.com default web portal in the URL bar.
- Now, you will directly visit the setting page of Linksys Extender.
- Next, look at the administration option and then tap on Download the latest version of the software.
- In the end, wait for a few minutes to install, fill, and restart your extender device to finish this software upgrade process.
Reset & Reconfigure Linksys Extender
- At the side panel of the Linksys RE6700 extender device, you see the reset button.
- Now, press the reset button by taking the paper clip.
- After this, all the LEDs of the extender will turn off.
- As it means, the extender is now completely reset.
Important Note: After resetting all extender settings, you will need to do the Linksys WiFi extender setup process again.
Hence, after the entire study of this Linksys RE6700 setup page, you will be able to do the Login and setup process by yourself, without the help of any technician.